The Vine Centre offers support to anyone in need of our services and that can take many different forms
- From the elderly lady whose only remaining social interaction is at our Silvers Group
- The long term unemployed, ground down by failed applications who come to Monday My Space for fresh help and support
- The young girl with learning disabilities who comes for counselling
- The homeless gentleman with no-one to turn to, who comes for help with finances and housing advice.
- The socially isolated woman with mental health problems who delights in painting at our Art therapy class
- The young man gaining confidence in the workplace, interacting with others as part of “My Catering Career”
The Vine is a haven; helping, supporting, enabling and empowering our local community, because everybody should have somebody to turn to.
Often, individuals need help with their benefits – either claiming new ones or managing existing benefits. We can either make the phone call on the client’s behalf or help a client fill in an electronic form.
We often help with housing which takes many forms, but is usually either helping a person who is homeless, or helping an individual sustain their tenancy. We can speak to landlords (private, council and housing associations) to liaise on the client’s behalf, helping to settle any problems that may have arisen. We also help with negotiating with utilities suppliers to ensure that individuals are on the correct tariff and claiming any discounts they are eligible for including winter fuel discounts.
Support staff are good listeners and it is not unusual for a client to offload all their problems on us so we can help to prioritise steps forward.
We always aim to instill an ethos of personal responsibility helping people as they move towards independence.
Support staff are also often called upon to help in ”out of the ordinary” situations. Some recent ones include helping someone apply for a school place for their child; applying for school transport for a child; helping someone book flight tickets to see a sick relative and help to apply for a visa for a client wishing for his family to join him in the UK.
We don’t believe in saying “no” whenever we are asked to help and always aim to offer the best service possible to anyone who comes to our door.
If you would like more details, please contact email@example.com
or please call us on 01252 400196 to talk to any member of our staff who will be happy to help.