What is social enterprise?
If you have ever bought the Big Issue, a bar of Divine chocolate, visited the Eden Project or shopped at the Co-op; then you have supported a social enterprise.
These are businesses that are changing the world for the better. Social enterprises are in our communities and on our high streets – from coffee shops and cinemas, to pubs and leisure centres, banks and bus companies.
Social enterprise is running a business, not for financial gain, as the profits are reinvested back into the charitable organisation for the benefit of the people we support. It is all about empowering and enabling people to reach their potential and improving people’s life chances.
To best illustrate this let us share our Vine Dining “recipe” with you
- Take 6 brand new employees (all of whom would find it hardest to access the workplace)
- Add a large amount of training, support & encouragement
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined
- Season with new found self-worth & enthusiasm
- Place in a warm oven until all have risen to their level of achievement
- Serve with success
You can read some of our positive outcomes here: